2008 was an amazing year for me. Mexico: morning laps in jade coloured waves, reconnecting my heart to the tips of my fingers on a piano competing against the crashes of the sea and wonderful company. Interrupted by sojourns to Alta for the best season in years: milky blizzards and crusty frostbite across my cheeks, sexy cornices over the hot tub and bouncing on powder like Superman. Then summer in the city: hot nights spent walking the village in little brown shorts, the sweet taste of gelato, the grease of pizza box and European tips at the diner. August in Bermuda: the most magnificent shades of blue, sandy hair and hot skin, twisteds on barges and my crazy Bermudian. Then Uganda: the pearl of Africa, my new home, my latest adventure.
What a year, and yet I find I have more new years resolutions than usual. There are so many things I need to improve on. Do I have more criticisms of myself because I’m growing older and know my flaws better? Or is it because I have critical people around me? Or wonderful people around me that I have to live up to? One resolution is to start blogging regularly instead of neglectfully. Let’s look at the trend people: September posts 22. October posts 11. November posts 5. December posts 2.
So here goes. Happy 2009 everybody!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment