Benson is one of our Educate! sponsored students. He's also the founder and president of COBURWAS club, a community club in Kyangwali Refugee Settlement. With people quitting around me, Benson's pretty much the only one who can pull me out of my dejected state of the past 2 weeks... Here's a pretty typical Benson email - the man talks like this, I swear! He keeps me going.
Dearest,
I am excited to send a second note to you again,
I feel that nothing is hard or impossible for a man who has a will as
vehicle that covers long distances than its maker. Educate! is our vehicle
and coburwas is like a tires.
Determination is our engine that is strong enough!
Empowering is our fuel that is full tank.
Honest and integrity are our indicators.
Transformation is our Lord and road.
United we are in the bus binded together by love that gives peace to
passengers.
We hate corruption because it like a crush.
Eric and Boris, beloved donors and supporters of Educate!
I don't know who pay my tuition but I know what is has done.
Today more than 600 people are members of Coburwas around the world, these
include members from DR Congo, Uganda in Kyaka II camp, Rugashari
sub-county, Rwanda and Tanzania.
I don't have a problem with money or wealth but I have a problem of people
who are continually being butchered daily back home.It is now around 6
millions of people killed only in Congo. Together we can discourage and stop
this.
The following are my wishes today:
1. I wish the world would understand what Educate! is today!
The educate! students have done unexpected if this organization would be
supported by other big organization Africa would be changed. Very many
people can look at this as impossibilities but educate! extends its service
on ground level. It cares like a parent and becomes the servant of it's
beneficiary. Every one is a servant practically. This is applicable to TH
and MC all best organizations from Colorado.
2. I wish the world would see the big picture that I slightly see in
Coburwas through Educate!, donors and supporters. Amani JP keeps saying that
no body knows what is Coburwas so far.
3. I wish organisations, componies, institutions, individuals that have
injected billions of dollars in Africa would only taste Coburwas through
Educate!, TH or MC projects. They would be amazed and help these
organisations that are unique.
I say this as a beneficiary.
If polio, TB can be preventable, there is heart surgery today, people goes
in the space and stay there, we have strong machines like telescope that
tries to explore the stars, what is poverty that and underdevelopment that
has never reduced notably in Africa.
The problem has been that every one wants to feed his stomach but at the end
he dies empty handed.
We can do it because we have experienced all that leads to poverty and we
are victims of corruption, human right abuse, WE CA DO IT by stopping it.
-If today UNHCR sends only 5-10 students at school in the camp and we are
able to send hundreds.
-If the incoming refugees in Kyangwali came with 100 orphans and UN sat and
thought to contact COBURWAS thinking that we can help them to care for these
kids why should we say that we can't.
-If refugee law project organization said that they have never seen refugees
doing what we are doing I hope we can do it.
Today our nursery have 23 orphans and 20 who are not, all of them get their
break at Coburwas, porridge made of maize, sorghum and soya bean in order
to restore the health of orphans.
Break fast and lunch both are provided to them daily with bread,
along with 3 Coburwas teachers and 1 volunteer, 6 cooks, 10 teachers from
Kinakyeitaka primary school all get served on daily basis.
We decided to help teachers with break fast and lunch at CCO because at
Kinakyeitaka P/school they have been working from 8:00pm-5:00pm without
break or lunch yet millions are donated to education department in the camp.
Teachers have been escaping and could not teach in afternoon which has been
affecting the performance of pupils.
We give lunch to 30students at Kyangwali SS and over 70 at the hostel. We
don't have clear number because new members are still joining the hostels.
We have also opened new branches of our club in Kyaka (Kyenjojo) and Kibale
districts.
All the above results from a small number of Educate! students that helps in
the management and ensure the smooth running of the of the club.
Day and night we have new ideas and plan and we aim at fulfilling them.
Current Future plans include:
1. Building a primary school(7 classes) at the CCO.
2. Buying a club van
3. A level school in kyangwali sub-county
4. Opening up an office in Hoima and kyangwali to ease the administration in
Coburwas, TH and MC since managers are Coburwas members.
5. Computer training at the hostel etc.
Allow me to thank Eric, Beth, Jeanne, Boris, and many others that keep
energizing Coburwas.
I also thank, Emily, Angelica, Jp, Marcel, Daniel, Emma, Jimmy, Joseph,
Nziyunvira, Celestin, Donald, Janvier, Mutezi, John, Bagisha, Ntezi, Conso,
etc for being helpful and committed in achieving the above.
We love you all and have much respect.
Love from Benson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment